Terms and Privacy of Usage
Terms and Conditions
Welcome to JR Design Works (“our”, or “us” or “we”). When you visit jrdesignworks.com (our “website”) and use any of our services through our website, you are acknowledging that you accept these Terms and Conditions. Our services are available only to legal entities and individuals who are at least 18 years of age and can form legally binding contracts under applicable law. Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully.
You must not sell, reproduce, distribute, modify, display, publicly perform, prepare derivative works based on, repost or otherwise use any contents of our website in any way for any purpose, whether commercial or not, without prior written consent from us or the respective rights holder. Design samples as shown on our galleries and elsewhere on our website, are property of their respective owners and used with permission. All rights reserved.
We will update these Terms & Conditions at our own discretion with or without prior notification.
1) Membership: To use any of our services, you must first register to be a member. You agree to provide true, accurate and complete information and will maintain and update such information to uphold its truth, accuracy and completeness (see our Privacy & Security Policy to learn how your personal information will be treated).
2) Payment: When you place a new order through our website, you are immediately liable for the full amount of the order (the "project"). We will only commence with the project upon receipt of the down payment. Unless or otherwise notified, the down payment amount will be charged to your credit card. The down payment amount may vary according to each project; these amounts may also be outlined on our website. For custom quoted projects or other payment methods, we will inform you of the down payment amount required. Some projects may require a signed Payment/CC Authorization Form and/or Contract Agreement Form before work commences. Upon project completion, unless or otherwise notified, the balance amount will be charged to the same credit card used for the down payment, with or without prior notice. All amounts, unless or otherwise stated, are denominated in United States dollars (USD).
3) Project Scope: You may be asked to fill in a questionnaire which will provide the basis of the project scope. You are solely responsible for providing detailed and accurate descriptions in the questionnaire. We are not obligated to verify the accuracy, completeness and clarity of such information provided you and will use the information in the questionnaire to create a complete Contract Agreement. If there are any changes required by you to the original Project Scope, we will notify you of any additional fees involved before continuing the project.
4) Concepts and Revisions: The number of concepts and revisions which you will receive for the project is detailed in the respective package. A concept defines a new design idea or drastic modification to an existing design. A revision is defined as one or multiple minor adjustments to a concept, provided that the original concept idea is still kept intact. We reserve the right to charge an additional fee, of any amount deemed reasonable by us, for each additional concept or revision requested by you. Note that all concept and revision artwork or idea provided for the purpose of the project will remain as property of JR Design Works, as such, we retain the copyright, and all other rights to the artwork or idea until project completion.
5) Project Completion: When you inform us that you are satisfied with the final concept, or artwork, or idea or product, this immediately and automatically authorizes us to charge your credit card for the remaining balance of the total project amount. Only after receiving your confirmation and payment of the balance will we transfer all electronic files relating to the final product to you. For logo design projects, we may also transfer ownership of the copyright to you in writing (described in section 8 on Copyright Issues). We retain the rights to utilize ANY artwork, designs, edits, ideas, revisions and work deviations from your project for our own advertising and promotion use. Upon project completion, your order will not be cancelable and thus, any payment made for your project will not be refundable.
6) Satisfaction Guarantee: We will deliver the services as detailed in the respective package and/or as stated in the Contract Agreement for your project. If satisfaction or timeliness is not achieved, you may request to have your project cancelled and your down payment refunded through writing. The total refund amount will be less an administration fee of 10% of the total project amount. For Web and Graphic Packages, our Satisfaction Guarantee is only applicable to the conceptual phase. The conceptual phase is defined as the begining phase whereby your design is being conceptualized and put into a sketch or draft (usually in electronic formats). You may ask for a refund if you are not satisfied with the first round of concepts provided. You will be asked to provide the reasons to your cancellation and only valid reasons will be honored. Personal reasons like "I am moving out of town" and "I have changed my mind, I do not need a logo now" will not be honored. Additionally, once you have chosen a concept and we have started on the revisions (the process of refining the chosen concept to bring it closer to your taste) or implementation, you can no longer request for a refund. The right to a refund will be forfeited once you have express approval of the concept, or proceed to revision or if you are unresponsive (described in section 10 on Not Responding). Should you receive a refund, this is accepted as your sole and exclusive remedy for unsatisfactory services. In addition, we retain ALL rights and ownership to ANY artwork, designs, edits, ideas, revisions and work deviations we created in your project.
7) After Sales Support: We will keep a copy of the final files relating to your project for replacement in case you loose your copy. You may request for a replacement of the files any time and these will be sent electronically to you through email or a download link at no extra cost. However, we do not guarantee that we will always have the replacement files that you require so it is still recommended that you make a hard copy of your final deliverables.
8) Copyright Issues: We will create original artwork for logo designs. However we are not obligated to perform trademark, service mark or copyright searches. For other graphic and web design products we will use materials that, to the best of our knowledge, we have necessary rights and permissions to, such as royalty-free photos. For materials that you provide, we assume that you have acquired necessary rights and permissions from the copyright owner. All concept and revision artwork provided will remain as property of JR Design Works and we retain all rights until Project Completion. We are not liable should you be found to be infringing an existing copyright, trademark or service mark, due to complexities in international trademark and copyright law.
9) Delayed Projects: If your project is not finalized or completed within 28 days from the project commencement date, you immediately and automatically authorize us to charge an ACTIVE FEE of 50% of the remaining project amount. Until that amount is charged, we will not continue with your project, and we reserve the rights to cancel your Project and/or your entitlement to a refund.
10) Not Responding: We pledge to remain readily contactable and may constantly remind you of your project’s progress. However if you fail to respond to us for a period of more than 14 days since your last response, we reserve the rights to cancel your project and any payments made previously for your project will be not be refundable. In addition, we reserve the rights to reject your request to reactivate your project.
11) Terms or Service: We reserve the rights, at our own discretion, to refuse refunds and terminate service to anyone. Especially if you place:
12) Cancelled Projects: In the even that your project is cancelled, all artworks, designs, edits, revisions, ideas and work deviations created in your project remain as the property of JR Design Works.
- Fake orders without the intention to complete or make payment for the project, or with an intention to "steal" our ideas or concepts for projects outside of JR Design Works.
- An order related to adult content or businesses including obscene, sexually explicit material or images.
- An order related to prohibited laws, defamation, racism, religious or ethnic hatred, hacking, SPAM or bulk emails.
- An order that violates other terms or policies as stated on this website.
13) Limitation of Liability: We will NOT be liable for any incidental, special, consequential or indirect damages resulting from using or inability to use this site, site contents or our Service.
For further information on any of our Terms and Conditions, please contact us.
Privacy & Security Policy
Our Privacy & Security Policy (our “policy”) below governs any information you provide through our website and all communication methods with us. We are committed to protecting your privacy and have provided all the details from what kind of information we collect to how it is being used. Please read our policy carefully as it concerns how the information which you provide us will be used.
We have applied the latest 256-bit Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology to protect your privacy and security when you place an order. Our SSL Certificate is provided by GeoTrust.
1. Information Collection: In order to provide a quick and accurate response to questions and requests through email or online chat, we only ask for information necessary to correspond with you such as name, company, address, email address, phone or fax.
2. Usage of Information: We will use the information collected to communicate with you to fulfill your order and/or answer your questions.
- When you register as a member, which is required when you wish to place an order with us, we only ask for the information necessary to deliver our service to you such as name, company, address, email address, phone or fax. This information will be encrypted by the SSL protocol before it is being sent out to our web server where it will be securely stored.
- When an order is placed, we may collect the appropriate billing information through the SSL protocol, including your name, credit card number, expiration date, and billing address. This information will be filed for preauthorized billings and future orders.
- We may ask you for voluntary personal or business information at other times in order for us to fulfill your order; such as when you fill in a project questionnaire, provide views and opinions, request for additional information or report a problem.
- In addition to the collection of the above information, we may also automatically receive and record information of your activities on our website in the form of a server log. This information is not associated with your personal information but rather, used in analysis of website traffic trends.
- We may use a third-party website to send emails, updates or newsletters, however, your personal Information will never be disclosed or shared with another party without your permission.
4. Disclosure of Information: The information that you have provided will never be disclosed or shared with another party without your permission. There are, however, some limited circumstances in which we may need to disclose this information as listed below:
5. Other websites: This website may contain links to other sites that are not owned or controlled by us. We will not be responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites.
- We may employ third parties to fulfill orders or perform other functions necessary to our business, such as processing credit card payments.
- To protect our property and other users, we may reveal personal information of the user we believe is harmful or violating our Terms and Conditions or this policy or infringing any of JR Design Works' legal rights.
- We will reveal your information if it is required to do so by law to cooperate in investigations or suspected unlawful activity.
6. This policy applies only to information collected by this website and its sub domains.
We will update this Policy at our own discretion with or without prior notification.
For further information on our policy, please contact us.